Baltimore City Public Schools (City Schools) engages the public through many digital outlets, including this website and social media. Communicating with City Schools through these mediums further enables the public to contact the district in a direct and meaningful way. Please be aware that when engaging with City Schools on this website and social media, you are agreeing to the following:
Commenting on City Schools Social Media Sites
- City Schools shares information, images, and video with the public through external social media websites and this website. Posts made by the public to these sites are reviewed and, while posts will not be edited by district personnel, a post may be deleted if it violates the post parameters described here. Posts should be related to the posted topic. This website and City Schools’ social media accounts are not meant for posts that do not directly relate to the purpose or topic.
- User posts will be reviewed by district personnel. If, in the reasonable judgment of district personnel, a post contains prohibited content, it will be deleted. The following are prohibited:
- The use of obscene, threatening, or harassing language.
- Bullying, intimidation, or harassment of any user.
- Personal attacks of any kind or offensive posts that target or disparage any ethnic, racial, age, or religious group, gender, sexual orientation or disability status.
- Hate speech.
- Content that is threatening or pornographic, or that incites violence.
- Comments advocating illegal activity or posting of material that violates copyrights or trademarks of others.
- You are subject to the Terms of Service (TOS) of the host site. Information (comments, photos, videos, etc.) you share with or post to official City Schools pages is also subject to the TOS of the host site and may be used by the owners of the host site for their own purposes. For more information, consult the host website’s TOS.
- This website and City Schools’ social media accounts are not open to comments promoting or opposing any person campaigning for election to a political office, or promotion or advertisement of a business or commercial transaction.
- These Customer Use Guidelines are subject to amendment or modification at any time.
User Created Content
- Users are welcome to submit or post content, including photographs and videos, to an official City Schools site where the district allows users to post content, the content meets the standards articulated in these Customer Use Guidelines and pertains to the subject of the social media site. Users may only post their own, original content. Reproduced or borrowed content that reasonably appears to violate third party rights will be deleted.
- Content posted to this website and City Schools’ social media sites is public and viewable by everyone who can see the site.
- Information you share on this website and City Schools’ social media sites can be copied and/or re-shared by anyone who can see it. City Schools may use information you post on this website or on or off the social media site.
Questions or Concerns
Questions or concerns regarding Baltimore City Public Schools social media activity and/or these Use Guidelines may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.